Thank you for examining our privacy statement. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We respect your privacy and will put in our best effort to protect the privacy of the information you submit to us.
1. This is a Government of Singapore website.
2. If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
3. If you choose to register with the portal to access the various services and community tools, or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personal data, we will not share your data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government service. We may use this data to serve you better when you are completing related transactions on the portal.
4. If you provide us with personally identifiable data
(a) We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
(b) We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
(c) For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
5. We may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
6. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
7. We may from time to time make use of the information you provide to us to inform you of additional information and services, or to contact you regarding site changes. You may at any time choose not to receive such updates by sending us an email to inform us of your decision.
8. We will seek your permission before releasing your personal particulars to any person or agency outside the Prime Minister’s Office, other than those you have given prior consent to. However, we may disclose information about our users when required by law or when required in the interests of national security or in a national emergency.
9. This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
10. The links provided to third party websites, their resources and contents does not constitute an endorsement by the Overseas Singaporean Portal (hereinafter 'OS Portal') or the Overseas Singaporean Unit (hereinafter 'OSU') and we will not be held responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources. We do not endorse and will not be responsible or liable for any content, advertising products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. We will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
11. If you provide your information to a registration page on the OS Portal that is co-posted or co-owned by the OSU and any other person or agency, then your information becomes the property of both the OSU and that other person or agency. In that instance, we are not responsible for how that other person or agency handles the information.
12. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
13. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
(a) have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
(b) need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.
14. This site may contain links to other sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.